We operate in the field of Research Excellence
To ensure excellence in research and to achieve better treatment and prevention of diseases, the availability, quality and traceability of human biological materials is fundamental.
In recent years, new strategies have emerged to accelerate the incorporation of basic research results into biomedicine and daily healthcare practice.Translational research involves the process by which diagnostic or therapeutical expertise and technologies are transferred from the laboratory to the patient’s bedside, and viceversa. This is a particularly relevant, pressing subject these days, due to the current dramatic pace of knowledge creation in fields such as Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics and Cytomics.
In biomedicine, researchers seek to identify the genetic, genomic and phenotypic factors behind all sorts of diseases, of which development, evolution and response to treatment depend on the interaction between genetic and environmental factors, as well as on lifestyle-related variables. Technological platforms are key to accelerating the incorporation of all these advances into present healthcare practice that can improve the health of individuals and communities.
This imperative is at the core of the momentum and attention that biobanks have gained in recent times.
We are Here to Help You
Many different activities that might be of interest to you take place in our BioBank. These are the main ones:
- We store a great selection of samples that can be accessed by researchers for scientific purposes.
- We collaborate with international research institutions with a view to advancing current knowledge on research techniques.
- We are a support platform. We want this biorepository to become a modern research tool for scientists
- Personalised assistance
- Continuous professional training
- Information on the latest advances in biobanking
- Compliance with ethical and legal requirements